Sunday, February 19, 2017

J-Head Mk 8's available!

I have a small quantity of J-Head Mk 8's that I put up for sale at http://www.hotends.com The J-Head Mk 8 is an improvement over the previous J-Heads as it has two internal seals to make leakage practically impossible. By using a heater cartridge and an axial thermistor, this makes it the best J-Head hot-end ever!

Genuine J-Heads are great for printing with PLA as they are designed to keep the heat from building around the filament until the filament gets to the melt zone.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I just got into 3D printing recently, starting with a cheap chinese printer. The nozzle got jammed after a few hours with PLA.
    While looking around for a solution, I came across this blog and deeply saddened by your story about the J-Head clones, as well as our decision to stop making the J-Head Mk8 and J-Head Mk9.
    I am very new to 3D printing and I don't know much about all this, but I believe in the possibility of 3D printing, open source, as well as in the community, so if something we can do, please let us know.
    Personally, for the sake of 3D printing, I think we should combat those cloners, instead of letting them flood the market with low quality quality clones and harm both the maker and user alike. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete